Saturday, October 15, 2011

Starting Now: I will compile and publish free resources to help occupiers get the education they need to make positive changes in public policy.

I have been following Occupy Wall Street and Occupy KC movements over the past several weeks, and finally, I have decided to get involved. I spent yesterday creating this blog, a poster and some handbills. I will compile resources to help the occupiers get a free technical and theoretical economics education.

I am a currently working toward my Master's in Economics at UMKC; I think this puts me in a good position to assist occupiers in learning enough about economics to effect positive policy change. I hope I am anyway, my stated purpose for getting a degree in economics is... to influence the enactment of public policies that grow the middle class.  Full disclosure, the first 8 hours of work I do for this effort will be counted toward my community service requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment